Go Back   Spiritwood Forums > Roleplaying / Gaming > Age of Conan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
Kryczech
Spiritwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayne View Post
Yale,
Can't let you waste your money with 1gb of memory and that video card. Need at least 2gb nevermind their minimum specs, and a geforce 8 of some kind with 320mb + of memory. That'd be my suggested minimum spec. for enjoyment.

XP is fine
I should post a new topic for this, but this seemed like a good jumping in point. My computer currently is a E6600 core2duo modestly overclocked to 2.8GHz, 2 GB RAM, and a 7900GT video card with 256MB memory on it. I can run AoC fine on low video settings, but I'd like to be able to run high.

I'm definitely going to go up to 4GB RAM since it's so cheap. I really don't think I should need to upgrade the processor, but if I did I guess I'd go for an E6850 - that's still kinda pricey though.

However, I definitely need a DX10 capable video card. So I've been looking at those and I found this on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130325

So I have some questions. 1) Is that a good card? 2) Would I be able to play AoC on high video settings? 3) What do you think the life expectancy of that card is? (My last one outlived its usefulness too quickly.) and optionally 4) What's a better choice for video card?

Thanks guys.

--Kryczech
Kryczech is offline   Reply With Quote