Go Back   Spiritwood Forums > Roleplaying / Gaming > Ultima Online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Alyssia Kanath
Thunderlord

"most"...guilds around nowadays I can honestly say...respect us enough to not overtly violate our RoE while fighting us. I have spoken to many guild leaders who have said that, when dealing with us, they have made sure their people are aware of what is in our RoE. And, also...our RoE isn't much different than "most" other guilds anyway.

A true violation of RoE, in my opinion...is not so much doing something to another member of a seperate guild just because it's not in your RoE to not do it. A true violation is the kind of thing that RoE's strictly forbid.

Such as going OOC...that is to me a violation
Blue healing...that is to me a violation
Smack talking OOC...once again, a violation in my opinion.
Rez killing...read above
Griefing....major no no.
Ganking someone just because you don't like 'em ooc...once again...
Showing a complete lack of respect for other guilds / members / RoE's...that's not only a violation...that's low class.

I could go on for awhile here... But I say...not one guild has ever done these things against the RoH to any extent that would require us to not HL with them. And, "most" guilds are rather proud of their highlights with us and scramble over themselves to protect it. I can remember twice I've had to talk to someone about a concern in the past couple years...and the situation has been rectified immediately with vast apology. Then again...using a HL with our stone as a bargaining chip or as a THREAT against other guilds..stating that if they do not behave the way we like..and so therefore we will peace them...until they follow "our" rules...is to me...only showing us to be the intolerant egotistical ones.

That doesn't seem to mesh with how we operate.

I would rather come to a happy medium or ask that we work out things on a private basis with guilds rather than conform ourselves...or require them to conform to us.

These are just my opinions.

"There are no unknown roads in life...only forgotten ones. ~Alyssia Kanath"
"Thunderlord history is that mexican hot sauce with the chicken on the label that is writen in spanish but there is no definition in spanish for how spicy it actually is."~ Korthos Du'Vallon
Alyssia Kanath is offline   Reply With Quote