Go Back   Spiritwood Forums > General Forums > Que's Tavern

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Hawkeye

Default Morning Ritual

I open my eyes and groan, knowing I must leave the warm embrace of sleep for another day. Slowly sitting up and throwing off my covers I slide from my bed and to my feet.
Without conscious thought I find myself in front of my wash basin, staring into the mirror hanging on the wall and thinking about the previous day...

Everything started out for me the same as every other day, until I found the figurine. A serpent carved from wood laying among the trees only can mean one thing,
my former apprentice has returned. I am glad that she is safe and relieved deep down she does not seem to need me.

I blink my eyes as I continue to stare into the mirror, my thoughts drifting to all the people I have lost and things I have done.
I no longer recognize the man in these memories. Picking up the razor sitting by the basin I bring it to my neck under my chin, and like every day I just think "cut" but I can not and drop the blade back to the table.

After getting dressed I step outside and take a deep breath, scratching at my rough beard. My fate is sealed.
Time to begin another day...

I am Dras Modan, the failure, and this is home.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 02-21-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Hawkeye is online now   Reply With Quote