Go Back   Spiritwood Forums > General Forums > Crossroads Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Kyrian
Administrator

Default No Man's Sky

Anyone playing?

I knew the game would in some ways be a let down (can anything ever be as good as the hype?), but I still pre-ordered it and started playing yesterday.

I am enjoying playing with my youngest (she is 9, loves science and space), and we are exploring a universe with 18 quadrillion planets. Spending one second on each planet, if we could, would still take us billions of lifetimes to explore it all.

We've named three planets so far:

1. Cumulus Indigo 001

Our first planet, where we began (crashed). Waves of purple flora waved in the wind, like puffy indigo clouds. Mostly friendly creatures we came across here, but there were some pockets of territorial animals.

2. Magma Hostile 002

A harsher planet, with radiation that slowly damaged our suit. We also found that entering the water on this planet was extremely radiated. Many harsh predatorial animals here, we didn't stay too long.

3. Warmwater 003

A nice planet, with air we could move around in easily. The temperature outside was about 5c, but in the water it was 21c.

We've named some creatures (like the Butterdeer, which is a large deerlike creature with an insect/butterfly like head and face). We fed it some food and it was friendly. We've also been hunted and killed by a creature that continues to stalk it's prey. We got it back though when we resurrected. We stood on top of our damaged spacecraft and lured it in, then blasted it (before the robotic sentries could see us harming animal life).

Anyhow, if you happen to ever hit the .000000000000001% chance of landing in our star system, I hope you enjoy the scenery
Kyrian is online now   Reply With Quote